Online voting begins in early September. Results announced at Upper Midwest Emmy® Gala October 5th, 2019.
The NATAS – Upper Midwest Chapter is seeking candidates for positions opening on its Regional Board of Governors. These professional media volunteers oversee the Regional Emmy® Gala, Student Awards, workshops & seminars, and supervise the direction of the Chapter.
Its a chance to give back to your industry, network and make new contacts, and add an impressive credit to your professional resume!
Candidates must be members of the Chapter (Professional, Educator, or Life Members), and have the ability to serve a three-year term beginning in October, 2019.
The Board of Governors is the parliamentary governing body that oversees the Upper Midwest Chapter of NATAS. Its primary responsibilities are administering the Chapter (which is chartered by the National Academy) and safeguarding the integrity of the Emmy® and the Regional Emmy® Awards process.
A Governor must be a Professional or Life Member of the Chapter “in good standing”. Candidate should be broadly representative of the community’s interests, possess applicable professional experience, and have concern for the charitable purposes of Chapter.
The NATAS-Upper Midwest Chapter holds a Board of Governors meeting usually the first Thursday of the month. Governors can be present in the room or via conference call.
• Participate in the shared governance of the Chapter, including oversight of the affairs, activities, assets of the Chapter, and the work of its Executive Director.
• Understand, observe and follow the Bylaws, and participate in regular reviews of them.
• Perform any and all duties required by the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws, Standing Rules, and/or the Handbook.
• Participate in establishing and enforcing criteria for Chapter Membership, including setting dues for Chapter members.
• Participate in the appointment and removal, employment and discharge of all Officers, Agents, Employees, Independent Contractors, and/or Committees of the Chapter, and in setting their duties and compensation (if any).
• Act as the primary representative for NATAS-UMW in their respective region or industry sector. Be the person that folks at their respective station or in their respective community go to with questions about the Emmys®.
• Be responsible for growing the Chapter’s membership by encouraging colleagues to become members.
• Participate in overseeing the Chapter’s Regional EMMY® awards process.
• Participate in overseeing the Chapters’ website and marketing efforts, promoting the Chapter, the Emmys® and other Chapter events, and leveraging one’s social network by sharing and/or retweeting announcements from the Chapter.
• Participate in monthly meetings of the Board of Governors, either in person or on the conference call.
• Serve on at least one Committee of the Board.
• Assist at one or more NATAS-UMW events each year (including the Regional Emmy® Gala, the Student Awards and/or the “Emmy® on the Road” events).
• Judge in at least one Chapter’s Regional Emmy® Awards every year.
• Assist to the Executive Director and/or Officers of the Chapter as required or requested.
• Assist the Awards Committee and the Executive Director in assembling Emmy® judging panels.
• Consider serving as an officer of the Chapter (President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer), standing to serve as the Chapter’s Representative to the National Board of Trustees, or serving as a member of a National Committee.
• Conduct him/herself in a manner that is in the best interest of Corporation, free from conflicts of interest, and consistent with all applicable statutes.