The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences– Upper Midwest Chapter provides FREE “Emmy® on the Road” workshops for people who want to share, learn and grow in the visual media industry. ALL media professionals, college and/or high school students are invited to our story-telling sessions. These workshops are FREE, but please RSVP using our links below.
See award-winning stories discuss the creative process and execution of a story from concept to completion. Learn best practices for story construction, personalization and shooting/editing techniques that will spark your own creativity to take your stories to a new level.
You also get specific instructions on the process to enter your work into consideration for a Student Production or a Regional Emmy® Award in the coming year. We provide time in each workshop for a unique critiquing session where audience members show a story and allows for everyone to share their feedback and learn from each other in casual and friendly environment.
These events are FREE!!! Please pass the word to anyone you know who may be interested in attending this workshop. Don’t miss out on a chance to get some new ideas to improve your skills. This is quality professional development you can’t afford to miss!
If you would like to host an Emmy® on the Road workshop at your school or company, please contact us ASAP so we can set our calendar to get you ready for Emmy® entries this spring!
For More information, please contact NATAS-Upper Midwest Executive Director John Murray email@example.com or call 952-381-7494.
Past workshops & Class Presentations:
- KBJR-TV – Duluth, MN – October 12th, 2019
- Bemidji High School (MN) – February 22nd, 2018
- Lakeland Public Television – Bemidji, MN February 22nd, 2018,
- Central Lakes College (Brainerd, MN) – February 21st, 2018
- KSFY-TV Sioux Falls, SD – January 13th, 2018
- St. Cloud State University (MN) – November 20th, 2017
- Hennepin Technical College(Plymouth, MN) – November 14th, 2017
- Century College (White Bear Lake, MN) – September 21st, 2017
- Des Moines Area Schools (IA) – April 20th, 2017
- Webster City High School (IA) – October 3rd, 2016
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (WI) – June 11th, 2016
- Loras College – Dubuque, IA April 20th, 2016,
- Lakeland Public Television – Bemidji, MN February 18th, 2016,
- Lake Park Audubon Park High School February 18th, 2016,
- Iowa College Media Association – Des Moines, IA, February 5, 2016,
- Wayzata High School November 12th, 2015,
- Brennan Rock-n-Roll Academy – Sioux Falls, SD June 16th, 2015,
- KFYR-TV – Bismarck, ND October 17th, 2014,
- NDSU-Fargo, ND – October 16th, 2014,
- WDAZ-TV – Minot, ND October 15th, 2014.
- KBJR-TV – Duluth, MN January 25th, 2014.
- Drake University – Des Moines, IA April 19th, 2013.
- Prairie Public Broadcasting – Fargo, ND February 16th, 2013.
- University of Wisconson – Eau Claire, WI February 23rd, 2013.
- WXOW-TV – La Crosse January 21st, 2012,
- University of Minnesota January 28th, 2012,
- UW-Suprerior, Duluth, MN/Superior, WI February 11th, 2102,
- KSMQ-TV Austin, MN March 3rd, 2012.
- KGAN-TV Cedar Rapids April 29th, 2012.
- KEVN-TV/Journey Museum Rapid City, SD November 10th, 2012.
- Augustana College Sioux Falls, SD November 28th, 2012.
- University of South Dakota – Vermillion, SD November 29th, 2012.
- Morningside College – Sioux City, IA December 1st, 2012.